His Excellency President Edgar Chagwa Lungu announced that the nation should suspend all manner of entertainment in order to seek the face of God for mother Zambia.
To this effect, thousands of Bread of Life Church members and well wishers took part in the national day of prayer, fasting and reconciliation which took place on 18th October 2015.
Presiding bishop for Bread of life churches and Evangelical Fellowship of Zambia Chairperson Bishop Joe Imakando encouraged the congregation and nation at large to participate in these important prayers.
‘If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land’.
Fasting means to humble yourself and seek the face of God
Psalm 102:13, ‘you will arise and have compassion on Zion, for it is time to show favour to her, the appointed time has come.
Psalm 103:13, ‘As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him.’
A day to humble ourselves and seek God
Johoshaphat a godly king of Judah received intelligence reports that Moabites, ammonites and others from mount Seir were coming against Judah. Three armies against one army, it was a national crisis for Judah. King Johoshaphat faced the greatest threat of his life and nation. He responded by proclaiming a day of prayer and fasting. In the same way 18th October 2015 was proclaimed a day to humble ourselves and seek the face of God.
1. The king had a crisis (vs. 2)
Three armies plotting to destroy Judah
- Zambia is in a crisis
- Load shedding
- Depreciation of the kwacha by 85%
- Reduced production mines, industry, SMEs
- High prices in commodities (have double)
- Poor rains 2015/16 – 90% ELNINO
2. The kings response to the crisis (vs. 3-5)
- He feared the worst
- He set himself to seek the Lord
- He proclaimed a fast for the whole nation
- He prayed
- The whole nation was involved
3. God’s response to the prayer and fasting
- He spoke into the situation
- Do not be afraid
- The battle is not yours
- He intervened
- Judah did not have to fight
- He gave them victory
- God intervened when the British nation prayed
On this 18th day of October 2015, let us humble ourselves before God; let us seek the face of God.
God is our only hope; we need a miracle and God’s intervention.
- Oh Lord, arise and have mercy over Zambia and let this be time to favour us, in Jesus’ name!
- Oh Lord, have mercy on us, we have sinned against you as a nation
- Tribalism, corruption, pride, murder, idolatory, witchcraft etc
Unity: Psalm 133.1
- Oh Lord, unite Zambia and make us one nation
- Oh Lord, let your peace overcome every tribal conflict in Zambia
- Oh Lord, calm every conflict among political parties
- Oh Lord, reign over Zambia as the prince of peace
- Oh Lord, come against every power of darkness working against Zambia
- Oh Lord, touch the hearts of men for reconciliation in our nation
2Chronicles 7.14, Ezekiel 47, Rev. 22.1-3
- Oh Lord, heal our land, from everything eating the wealth of this land
- Oh Lord, give Zambia a solution to load shedding
- Ex. 10:21-23, Rev. 21.23
- Oh Lord, Glorify Zambia and let NOT darkness cover this nation, Rev. 21.23
- Oh Lord, Silver and gold is mine – we the people of Zambia declare that the kwacha is yours
- Oh Lord, may the glory of your name be exalted in the church and bring prosperity to Zambia
- Oh Lord, let the river of your spirit bring healing to the economy of Zambia
- Ezekiel 17.1-4, Rev. 22:1-3
- I shall decree a thing and it will be established, Kwacha arise for the glory of the Lord has come
- Oh Lord, let economic wisdom come upon our president and cabinet ministers in Jesus name
- Oh Lord, save Zambians from job losses and unemployment
Prayers for the rain:
1Kings 8:5, 1Kings 8:36
- Oh Lord, may the wind that cause draught, famine and destruction (Elnino) not affect Zambia
- Oh Lord, just like the days of Noah, let all foundations of heaven open over Zambia that it may rain favourablyOh Lord, as you heard Elijah, hear us today and send rain to Zambia
- Oh Lord, may there be abundance of rain
- Oh Lord, may there be a great harvest in this farming season
- Oh Lord, arise and favour Zambia
Zambians are united
- Zambians has received mercy and forgiveness
- A solution to the current load shedding will be found
- The resurrection of the kwacha
- The Lord will arise and favour Zambia
IN JESUS NAME! AMEN
Parents of babies/children that have not been dedicated to the Lord, take note that we will have a Dedication Service on 18th October 2015 in the 1st and 2nd services. Please prepare your children for this day.
National Day of Prayer and Fasting
Will take place on Sunday 18th October 2015 at the Blessing Centre, corner of Vubu and Lumumba Roads in Emmasdale. At 15.00hrs
Men of Destiny Conference
The Men of Destiny conference will take place from 30th october to 1st November 2015 at the Blessing Centre, in Emmasdale with host Bishop Joe Imakando and guest speaker Bishop Mbulo
No one can deny the fact that Zambia is experiencing a crisis of alarming proportions. The load shedding of electricity has changed our individual lives and impacted our economy negatively. This has adversely affected production and resulted in massive job losses. The depreciation of the kwacha against the dollar has resulted in prices escalating by 30% to 100%. Efforts by government to reverse the situation has not yielded any fruit. The impending increase on fuel will cause yet another price escalation which will further complicate matters. What we need is divine intervention! Our President has realized this fact, hence the calling of a day of prayer and fasting.
While his call for reconciliation and forgiveness is critical and necessary the need to pray for mother Zambia is uppermost in my mind. II Chronicles7:14. Come and stand with us in prayer and fasting. Prayer changes things! Remember we are not doing it for the President but for ourselves. We have scheduled prayers at the Blessing Centre from 15:00hours to 18:00hrs on 18th October 2015.
This is what happened when Britain observed a day of prayer;
Sunday May 26th at the request of His Majesty King George VI, observed as a National Day of Prayer. In a stirring broadcast, the King called the people of Britain and the empire to commit their cause to God. The whole nation was at prayer.
Three miracles then happened:
(1) Hitler stopped his general advance,
(2) A storm of extraordinary fury grounded the German Air Force on May 28, and
(3) A great calm settled over the English Channel for several days. 335,000 men of the British army were evacuated from Dunkirk!
Bishop Joseph Imakando
Dear Bishop Joseph Imakando
People say one person can’t make a difference in the world... but we know that isn’t true, because we’ve seen the difference you make in the lives of those around you.
Thank you for your support, and thank you for encouraging change in our lives, community, Nation, continent of Africa and the World at large.
In the months of November and December I will have the privilege of participating with a group of incredible individuals who are on fire for God and want more of Him in every aspect of their lives to go on a short-term mission trip to Zambia. During these months our team will have the tremendous opportunity to perform ministry throughout the African continent as well as be empowered by the Bread of Life Church. I am extremely excited about this upcoming trip and completely expectant upon God that He will move in a powerful way throughout these few weeks.
Here is our amazing itinerary
November 10 – November 19 – South Africa –
· 11th November Polokwane – Light House Covenant, Pastor Holy Mike 3 days, of meetings. Richard and team sharing and ministering.
· Cape Town – Nov 16-17 - 2 days – Visit Cape Town (Table Mountain) and minister in the evening at a Bread of Life Church in Cape Town
· Johannesburg, Nov. 18-19 – Ministering in the Bread of Life Church
Nov. 20 Bread of Life Zambia, Divine Visitation (All night youth prayer mtg.)
Nov. 21 Church Service and Youth Service – 3500 student
Nov. 23 Head to the Central Province Bread of Life Church for 3 days
Nov. 26 Return to Bread of Life Lusaka
Nov. 27 Another Divine Visitation
Nov. 28. Church Service and Youth Service
Nov. 29 - Dec. 2. Discipleship at Bread of Life.
Dec. 3-6 Fly to Copper Belt Province – Participate in Faith Conference
Dec. 7. Back to Lusaka
Dec. 8 - 11 Fly to Livingstone. - Minister in Bread of Life and visit Victoria Falls.
Dec. 12 Back to Bread of Life Lusaka
Dec. 14-18 International Invasion Youth Conference
Dec. 19-20 Fly out on the 19th and arrive home on Dec. 20th a changed man.https://www.gofundme.com/a4473bug
Bread of Life Church International - Tampa Florida USA.
There was great jubilation on Monday 31st August 2015 during the just ended Word Explosion Conference as Pastor Richard Mull of Tampa Florida revealed to the congregation that He would plant a Bread of Life Church in Tampa Florida in the United States of America.
Pastor Richard Mull an author of several Christian books is passionate about helping believers walk in the power of God. The Presiding Bishop and Pastor Richard Mull later exchanged flags as a symbol of the covenant between the United States of America and Zambia.
The Bread of Life Church International has established a total of 13 mission churches based in the following foreign Countries; Australia (2),Congo DRC (2),South Africa (1),Mozambique,Malawi (1),Tanzania (2),United Kingdom (2),Namibia(1) and Zimbabwe (1).
Bishop Joe Imakando is in Australia ministering at the 2 days of encountering conference hosted by Bread of life Church Australia, headed by Pastor Adams Chibwana. Today the Bishop Preached the message under the theme "New Beginnings In Your House" he read from the book of 2 Kings 4:1-7 He pointed out three points and those were 1. The woman took her problems to the man of GOD - There are problems which only GOD can handle - Every problem you have is an opportunity for GOD to perform a miracle - Problems prepare us for New Beginnings 2. Elisha's response - Elisha responded with right questions the woman's answer was in her house 3. Elisha's instruction for increase - GOD uses what you have to multiply - The gift/ talent you have is your answer to the problem you are facing today.
Text: Psalm 138:1-2
1. Words of God is unique it is supreme
-Each name describes an action (Shamah, Jireh, El-shadai)
-Your name speaks of influence
-The word relates to his character and honest
-God integrity is more important than his name
-Your yes should be yes and no should be no
- If you are children of we should not lie
2. The supremacy of the word
-God has magnified the word above his name
-The word carries the power of God. God operates by the word. God does nothing without his word.
-The word of God brings things into existence
-The fig tree withered by words.
Why God has exalted the word
1. God cannot lie Numbers23:19
2. He will honor his word. He watches over his word to perform
3. The word is God's messenger
- Go back and fight with the word you get from church it will work for you.
-You mouth will deliver you. You shall eat well from the fruit of your mouth.
-A weak person can threaten a strong person with words.
4. God's word will bring results. Isaiah 55vs10-12
5. God's word is his agent for change. 2 kings7:1-2. God always announces his intentions. Receive the word and run with it.
-What has God declared get ready there shall be a performance of God's word!
-If you want something that will take you through all the fears of life honor the word of God.
-It is God's word that will be honored.
-Battle with the word of God. God operates with the word of God.
-Make declarations, prophesy
-Speak into situations.
-If you want character & influence be a man of your words.
-When your good character is known to people it's more powerful than money.
Word Explosion First Session Preaching by Pastor David Sola from the Royal Connections (RCCG) in LondonWritten by Elizabeth Mpundu
TITTLE: IT SHALL COME TO PASS
TEXT: 2 Kings 7:2
in his sermon Pastor Sola pointed out that
1. God can organize a situation 1kings 17:1
2. God may demand on you to do something for you to get your solution
3. God to change a situation can give an instruction. God doesn't have to make sense for you to get results.
- If God said it it will come to pass.
-2 Kings 7:2 the city was under siege. To be under siege is to be under attack for a long time.
- 2 Kings 6:27 the king was hopeless, when men are tired of helping, God shows up.
- Stop running after men to look for help men can get tired but not God.
-those who doubt God in your life will see the evidence.
Every time God wants to change your situation
1. He gives a prophecy. Prophecy is the mind of God
- prophecy provokes mockery, doubt and laughter
2. Pain comes after prophecy
-pain of frustration, delay. Your attitude in the midst of pain matters.
3. After pain comes positioning
-When you are going through pain don't abandon prayer.
-May you be positioned in the will of God, your position determines your location.
4. After position come possibilities
-every time you position yourself God amplifies your voice
-God is full of possibilities
5. Praises -it shall end in praises.
Thousands attended the first session of the Word Explosion Conference 2015.The praise and worship lead by Minister John Okon was electric as the glory of God filled the Blessing Centre.
Come and Praise the Lord with James Okon of south Africa, Bread of life Church main choir and Bread of life church Branch choirs.
- "For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods" (Psalm 96:4).
- "Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom" (Psalm 145:3).
- "I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies" (2 Samuel 22:4).
- "You are worthy, our LORD and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being" (Revelation 4:11).
Date: 28th August to 1st September, 2015
Venue: Bread of Life Church Int Blessing Centre, Corner of Vubu & Lumumba Roads Emmasdale Lusaka
Time: Friday 28th August, 17:30hrs, Saturday to Tuesday, 08:00hrs to 13:00hrs
(Morning Sessions), 14:00hrs to 20:00hrs (Afternoon & Evening sessions)
For more details
Tel: 0211 244490, 0211 220188, 0977 422968, 0977 784936